[audacity4blind] Re: Editing only one of two tracks

  • From: Steven <mysticranger@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 05:18:48 +0100

@Orlando:

ah. I see. That is good to know.

Thanks.

Am 16.06.2020 um 17:56 schrieb Orlando Enrique Fiol (Redacted sender ofiol for DMARC):

At 11:49 AM 6/16/2020, Steven wrote:
>When I want to export my track into an MP3-File, there is a point in the "Export" submenu, that is called "Export selected audio". Or something like that. Not sure, what exactly it is called in the english version. Can I use that, to export only speciffic tracks?

No. that option allows you to select a time range on any number of tracks and export only that portion. If you are splitting an entire album or concert into separate tracks, you could, for instance, find the end of the first song, press right-bracket, then shift+home to select to the beginning of the file. If you export selected audio, that region you just selected will be exported as its own file.

>If yes, do I need to select the track in some kind of special way? Just selecting them with enter, doesn't seem to work. For me, that item is always dim...

The reason it's not working for you is that you haven't defined a time range. If you're trying to export project tracks to separate files, do not use Export Selected audio; just use Export Audio. This will export all audio on any selected tracks, rather than a selected region.
Export Selected is for exporting regions of tracks, not entire tracks.

Orlando Enrique Fiol

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line
unsubscribe