[audacity4blind] Re: Can't delete track numbers wh editing meta data

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 20:53:33 +0100

Hi Sharni-Lee,
I've just checked removing a track number with audacity, and it seems to work.
With the value of the track number as the focus, I pressed f2 to select the
existing text, and pressed delete to delete it.

Concerning the track numbers in windows media player. If you're using windows 7
or 8 then:
1. press alt+v to open the view menu.
2. choose "choose columns", and the choose columns dialog opens.
3. In the list, uncheck track number.

David.

On Friday, 27 June 2014, 3:26, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi,

I've been trying to edit the meta data for a number of my songs, which I got
via burned CD's from a friend years ago. Some of these have track-numbers that
are not relevant, as they're not even part of a professional album, so I've
been trying to get rid of them because they're annoying. (For some reason, my
screen-reader is reading the track-numbers as well as the song titles in my
Windows Media Player library and I don't know how to stop it from doing that. I
don't even know what I did to make it start doing it.)

I've tried deleting the track numbers in the "Edit Meta Data" feature in
Audacity and doing it in Windows Media Player, but no matter what I do they
won't. Go. Away. I can change the artist's name (a lot of my music has
"unknown" where the artist's name should be), but I can't remove the irrelevant
numbers. Is there anything I can do to get rid of them permanently?