[audacity4blind] Re: Can't delete track numbers wh editing meta data

  • From: "Robbie" <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 15:06:06 +0200

Hi Sharni!
I wouldn't advise using Audacity for that sole purpose. Presumably you
import the files, edit the meta data  and then export them, thereby
recompressing the audio and losing quality in the process. Besides, you
mentioned that a lot of your music is insufficiently tagged, so I'll suggest
a different remedy. There is a nifty tool called Mp3tag which you can use to
edit the meta data of whole folders as well as individual tracks. Removing
track numbers is easy. A word on track numbers though and I apologize for
straying off topic. Accurate meta data including track numbers is important
when using media players like iTunes, which sort files solely by the artist,
the Album and the track number supplied in the meta data. Folder and file
names are irrelevant. Track numbers are vital to preserve the track order.
If you have ever transferred an untagged concept album or audio book to your
iPhone and experienced the ensuing chaos, you will begin to tag your  stuff
meticulously.
You can find Mp3tag on Google or contact me for the link.

Cheers! Robbie