[audacity4blind] Re: Can't delete track numbers wh editing meta data

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 04:21:50 +0930

I import the files to amplify the sound as well, as the person I got the music
from often supplied tracks that were quieter than they would have been on a
studio album.

I don't intend on messing with the track numbers of any of my professional
albums. It's just the unordered stuff that was compiled into CDs for me that I
want to change the data for. Some of these discs had repeated tracks and ones I
didn't like, which I deleted (I never do this with professional albums except
for compilations). So the track numbers are irrelevant.

Is this program you suggested free?

From: tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: Can't delete track numbers wh editing meta data
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 15:06:06 +0200

Hi Sharni!I wouldn’t advise using Audacity for that sole purpose. Presumably
you import the files, edit the meta data  and then export them, thereby
recompressing the audio and losing quality in the process. Besides, you
mentioned that a lot of your music is insufficiently tagged, so I’ll suggest a
different remedy. There is a nifty tool called Mp3tag which you can use to edit
the meta data of whole folders as well as individual tracks. Removing track
numbers is easy. A word on track numbers though and I apologize for straying
off topic. Accurate meta data including track numbers is important when using
media players like iTunes, which sort files solely by the artist, the Album and
the track number supplied in the meta data. Folder and file names are
irrelevant. Track numbers are vital to preserve the track order. If you have
ever transferred an untagged concept album or audio book to your iPhone and
experienced the ensuing chaos, you will begin to tag your  stuff
meticulously.You can find Mp3tag on Google or contact me for the link. Cheers!