[audacity4blind] Re: Are these plug-ins no longer compattible. and are there other options

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 09:44:49 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
I've got Anwida soft dx reverb light installed with audacity 2.1.0 and can use
it.
By default, effects are listed by name in 2.1.0, and it appears as L1V on the
effects menu. In the effects category of preferences there's an "effects in
menus are" combo box which allows you to change how effects are listed, eg
name, publisher and name, etc.

David.

On Monday, 25 May 2015, 17:20, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I just tried this. I think I did it before with the same result. I can see them
in the list but it says they're unavailable.

There was also a set of reverb plug-ins (I can't remember which ones right now
but they had this weird Japanese name before all the options listed in the
Effects menu) that completely disappeared when I updated to 2.10 and don't even
show up when the uninstalled plug-ins list appears.

________________________________
From: d.engebretson@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: Are these plug-ins no longer compattible. and are
there other options
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 07:14:55 -0700

If you go to
Edit->Preferences->Effects, there are two checkboxes above the OK button
that allow different options for rescanning your available effects, did you try
this?

Also, I think I remember some talk of a new naming
convention in the new version of Audacity. I wonder if that could be the
problem... I don't know how to fix it.

Best,
David