[audacity4blind] Re: Are these plug-ins no longer compattible. and are there other options

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 01:50:28 +0930

I just tried this. I think I did it before with the same result. I can see them
in the list but it says they're unavailable.

There was also a set of reverb plug-ins (I can't remember which ones right now
but they had this weird Japanese name before all the options listed in the
Effects menu) that completely disappeared when I updated to 2.10 and don't even
show up when the uninstalled plug-ins list appears.

From: d.engebretson@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: Are these plug-ins no longer compattible. and are
there other options
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 07:14:55 -0700

If you go to
Edit->Preferences->Effects, there are two checkboxes above the OK button
that allow different options for rescanning your available effects, did you try
this?

Also, I think I remember some talk of a new naming
convention in the new version of Audacity. I wonder if that could be the
problem... I don't know how to fix it.

Best,
David