[atari7800] Re: Aw: Re: Mode 160B don't works for me...

  • From: Manuel Rotschkar <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 18:51:47 +0100

Hi there!

In your DL headers you always use 01001, which is the 2's complement
of 23. This is the length of the textstring in my backdoor example
code, which you obviously used for inspiration. This means that you
are actually writing out 46 pixels for each DL header. So if for
example the snakes mouth was to be transparent, that would explain
why there is some other graphics showing through. If you change
those 5 bits in each DL header to 10000, these graphics problems
should go away

Oh dear... silly me, yes, now it works... :-)

The blank zones in your DLL should be spread evenly before and
after the display zones for your title screen. That way the picture
will be nicely centered on the screen. Otherwise it might not
show up completely on some TVs.

Ok, done that as well! Thanks a lot!

I also eliminated (yet another) bug in my conversion tool which resulted in those organge lines, so now there's only colors missing! Yeeha!

Greetings,
        Manuel