[atari7800] Re: Aw: Re: Mode 160B don't works for me...

  • From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
  • To: <atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:22:25 +0100

Ok, I got that running by now. Do you know anything about extra cycles when
switching from one 4K ROM block to another within a scanline? Should I post my
binary so someone can check the MESS appearance vs. a real console?
<<

I think it would be a good idea to try out the binary on a real 7800.
If you look at the snake's head, you can see that the emulator is
displaying the teeth over what seems to be part of the stairs. The
7800 would have to display two tiles on top of each other to do that.
I don't think it would do that on it's own. So if your conversion
program isn't accidentally misplacing tiles at 4K boundaries, then
a problem in the emulator is a possibility.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg