[astcq-discuss] Inserting PowerPoint slides in Word documents

  • From: Ana Young <ana_young2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ASTC(Q)" <astcq-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 18:41:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Can any of you tell me what is the best way of doing
this?  We use Word!

We produce training workbooks from the PowerPoint
presentations that our technical people put in place.
The training books have the slide (specific for a
page) on the top 1/3 of the page. The rest of the page
has the technical explanation for the slide and any
other information that is required.

After I was told that we had a special procedure to
include the slides into the workbooks to ensure that
the slides were updated only once (in the PowerPoint
presentation, I found out that the special procedure
is to copy and "paste special" the slide in the book.
This means that we have to update the workbook every
time any slide in the presentation changes.

I am also told that linking the slides does not work
because the Word file for the workbook becomes too big
(bigger than the end result of copying and pasting).

Is there an easy and clean solution?

Cheers,
Ana

To search the astcq-discuss archives, visit
//www.freelists.org/archives/astcq-discuss/

To change your settings using the web interface, login at
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/

astcq-discuss-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx