[askdba] Re: Need help with Interview Questions

  • From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh.raja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:21:04 +0000

Irfhan had given a Good explain there and i thought i will not again
movement and he considering an Extent as a Physical and not a Logical
Component has spurred me to write this. [ i dont want anybody to think
otherwise on this ]

1. A Block is a physicall storage and it may consists of mutiple OS Blocks ..
2. A Block is never contigous.
3. Blocks within an Extent are never contigous

So now let us see where we stand with disk head and placement. :)

Rgds,
Ganesh