[askdba] Need help with Interview Questions

  • From: Rajesh Puneyani <rajpuneyani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 17:52:07 -0500

Hi Guys,

Recently I appeared in an interview for a position (after a long
time), Here are a few questions that got me confused.

Pls. give me your feedback regarding the same.

1. What are various ways to create a table in one database from
another database ?
I would say - Create table as select (over the database link) and
Export/Import in Table mode.

Any other ?

2. If a table has 30 Uniform Extents (no size specified) then under
what circumstances it is good or bad ? Basically - What is the
advantage of 30 extents over 1 big large extents and what are the
minuses ?

3.  What are various scenarios which make RMAN the best backup and
recovery tool ?

4.  what errors did u hit in your most recent DB Recovery procedure ?
Actually I never had to do a DB recovery from online backup so
far..Refreshes most of the time...But how to handle such a question ?

Thank you very much and Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Regards