[askdba] Re: Database Link between different Oracle versions

  • From: "Pradhan" <pradhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:40:00 +0530

Hi Kurt,

I had a problem when i was using a database link between 8.1.7 and 9iR2 - I
had couple of procedures and insert statements in the procs - when i was
inserting oracle used to give me a strange problem, it also used to hang
many times. Then i came to know that it was a problem with recursive SQL. I
upgraded the remote DB to 9iR2 and since then i have'nt faced any suh
problems till date.

I suppose you should not get any prob between 9.2.0.1. and 9.2.0.5 - no idea
of dlink between 9.2.0.1. and 10.1.0.2?

Regards,

------------ Pradhan DBA / Team Lead Crossdomain Solutions Pvt. Ltd. Voice:
+91-80-22122775 Ext: 218 Fax: +91-80-22296256 www.cross-domain.com Important
Note: This message is confidential. Any unauthorized disclosure, use or
dissemination, either whole or partial, is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient of the message, could we request you to notify the sender