Re: [artworks] Selecting objects with mouse drag

  • From: Eddie <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 12:09:22 +0100

In message <4eda0e13f4smart1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris <smart1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote thus:

> I think GraphDraw does plot the axes/pips etc as one draw object, and
> therefore the bounding box will be that of the whole graph area. I
> haven't a clue what happens when you start to disconnect the
> component bits. (Why would you need to?).

Ahh - well, I wanted to reduce the overall size of the resultant
diagram and decided to edit the axes to remove parts not needed.

> Anyway, I will have a look this weekend to see what GraphDraw
> actually does when plotting the graph as a drawfile. It is some years
> now since I did anything to it, and memory begins to fade.

That's kind of you, many thanks.

> If it is broken, as Martin very gently suggests, then I will try to
> fix it.

Not sure 'broken' is the correct word - I just mentioned it so that
all the information was available.

Actually, what I was reallly after was an app to draw a graph of a
given equation. But calculating the co-ordinates and having GraphDraw
plot them worked fine.

--
Best Regards
Eddie