Re: [artworks] Cross-document copy that preserves transparency?

  • From: Andy Wingate <andy-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 18:45:02 +0100

In message <9cd552214e.philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Philip Pemberton <philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm trying to copy the contents of one AW document into another.
> If I use copy-paste I lose all the transparency details, and if I
> drop the source file onto a drawing window AW loads the file instead
> of pasting it in.
>
> Is there a way to copy between documents and preserve the transparency
> information?

It does copy it. Whether you see it depends on whether transparency is
switched on for that document. At the moment, I suspect you do not
have "switch transparency on 'When creating a new document'" (Crystal
section of Choices) set. You probably don't want/need to set this
normally anyway as long as you remember the following:

You should see there is a 'Display' option icon in the toolbar which
can be switched on when an object using Crystal is selected. This will
then turn transparency on for the document. If you did not already
have transparency in the receiving document, then you could presumably
have copied the other document into the first one if transparency
truly were lost on copy/paste.
--
Andy Wingate <URL:http://www.sparse.net>       OpenPGP key 0xC642BF8A
In case of fire, yell FIRE!