Re: [artworks] Compute area limitations?

  • From: Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:48:47 +0100

In message <2f5a1ad64e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <8fc0eed54e.Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> [area computation failure]

[snip]

> Thanks. The shape is valid but does not conform to the stricter rules
> of shapes created in Draw/ArtWorks, which is why a sanity check in the
> area computation failed.
>
> I was about to suggest that the shape might have originated from a
> different application, when I realized that there is one thing in
> ArtWorks that could cause this problem: You have not by any chance
> used the PathUtils tool to change the length/angle of a line segment?

The shape was originated in AW, but I did indeed use PathUtils to
fine-tune the lines.

> That tool does not work correctly on closed shapes - actually it works
> on all points except when moving the starting point of the shape
> (there is no straightforward way to find out which point of a closed
> path is the starting point). This is a long-standing bug - it should
> either work properly or refuse to touch the shape.
>
> You can fix the shape by selecting the bottom right corner, opening
> the shape, then dragging the anchor point away and back onto itself,
> which closes the path properly.

And this simple fix works perfectly :-)

Many thanks for investigating and explaining the problem.

Best, Chris

--
*** Chris & Lee's Photodesk tutorials, tips and resources
*** http://www.photodesk.iconbar.com *** New tiles!