Re: [artworks] Compute area limitations?

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 13:33:59 +0200

In message <e7896fd54e.Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are there any circumstances which cause the area computation not to
> work?

Yes, it is limited to about 21400cm^2.

> I have a single, closed, non-self-intersecting path composed of
> straight lines (it's a room plan, with 16 data points; all lines are
> horizontal or vertical). The 'Compute area' box in Shape Info used to
> work, but at some point during the editing it stopped displaying
> anything -- now it stays blank when the button is clicked.

Odd. I cannot reproduce this here, not even with shapes exceeding the
maximum size. Please send me a copy of the shape (but try that it
really goes wrong on the copy first).

> The 'Compute length' button does, however, work perfectly.

"Compute length" deals with smaller numbers, so you are unlikely to
hit any limitation there. I suppose you are working on a large paper
size?

> Unfortunately I'd forgotten to turn on undo-buffer saving, so I can't
> 'rewind' to the point where it worked :-( The only unusual thing I can
> recall doing is reversing the path order.

So, what happens when you reverse the path order again?

Regards,