[artworks] Compute area limitations?

  • From: Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 12:04:18 +0100

Are there any circumstances which cause the area computation not to
work?

I have a single, closed, non-self-intersecting path composed of
straight lines (it's a room plan, with 16 data points; all lines are
horizontal or vertical). The 'Compute area' box in Shape Info used to
work, but at some point during the editing it stopped displaying
anything -- now it stays blank when the button is clicked. The 'Compute
length' button does, however, work perfectly.

Unfortunately I'd forgotten to turn on undo-buffer saving, so I can't
'rewind' to the point where it worked :-( The only unusual thing I can
recall doing is reversing the path order.

Any suggestions?

Best, Chris

--
*** Chris & Lee's Photodesk tutorials, tips and resources
*** http://www.photodesk.iconbar.com *** New tiles!