[aros-games] Re: Low memory conditions in nouveau

  • From: Krzysztof Smiechowicz <deadwood@xxxxx>
  • To: aros-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 07:14:45 +0200

W dniu 27.09.2011 23:43, LuKe Jerry pisze:
On 28 September 2011 02:06, LuKe Jerry<lukejerry@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 25 September 2011 19:20, Krzysztof Smiechowicz<deadwood@xxxxx>  wrote:
Hi,

Here you have the original Mesa 19 alpha:

http://download.aros3d.org/software/Mesa7.11-01.zip

Please try with it and then just switch nouveau.hidd.

Best regards,
Krzysztof

Hi,

  I think there has been a misunderstanding ... maybe from my side :)

The corrupted graphic I'm having is with Mesa7.11 (verions reports
19.0 - 09-03-2011) and Nouveau.hidd 6.2

As far as I remember it was working correctly with Mesa.library
recommended for this ports (17.0? 18.0? don't remember :- )
so I just wanted to test an older version to see which one were working fine.

Right now I've tried replacing just mesa.library with the 18.0
version, but starting CUBE it complains that glut.library is not
version 1 :(

I think I have a mesa-library-mess :(   I will try to replace the
mesa/nouveau files taking from Icaros1.3.1 DVD and then test ->
upgrade ->  test ...

-- LuKe

Quick update:

- mesa.library 18.0 (08/03/2011)
- nouveau.hidd 5.31 (08/03/2011)

     == all works fine

- mesa.library 19.0
- nouveau.hidd 5.32 to 6.8

    == CUBE and AssaultCube totally broken  (as screenshot in previous email)

Let me know if I can do some other testing to help you fixing 19.0 and
newer for my card.

I'm willing to make more tests with memory usage and new SysMon tool,
but I can't do much with current Mesa 19.0

I will check both games on my setup as I also have 6200.

The thing you can do is try other 3D games that either I or Yannick released and see if any of them is damaged as well.

Best regards,
Krzysztof