[aros-games] Re: Low memory conditions in nouveau

  • From: Krzysztof Smiechowicz <deadwood@xxxxx>
  • To: aros-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 23:10:30 +0200

W dniu 29.09.2011 22:59, LuKe Jerry pisze:

On 29 September 2011 23:30, Krzysztof Smiechowicz <deadwood@xxxxx
<mailto:deadwood@xxxxx>> wrote:

    W dniu 29.09.2011 11:38, LuKe Jerry pisze:

        Hi,

          tested nouveau 6.10 and it's variants 6.10-1 / -2 and -3.

        Unfortunately the result are the same.  Broken graphic in
        Assault Cube
        and Glaxium + Shotgun Debugger complaining of low memory.

    Glaxium and SDB - reason is they were build with old buggy SDL and
    request a format that now is explicitly not supported by NV30/NV40
    cards. For those cards you will need an executable built with new
    version of SDL:

    http://download.aros3d.org/__software/sdb.zip
    <http://download.aros3d.org/software/sdb.zip>

    Best regards,
    Krzysztof

Ok, I will try your SDB executable and for Glaxium I hope Yannick is
still reading this ML :)

And what about Assault Cube and Cube?  I see they are broken on your
Nvidia6200 as well,  do you need me to perfom other tests?

No, I will debug this on my own. Thanks for you help so far.

PS. Glaxium is not impacted by the problem - the error message is harmless.

Best regards,
Krzysztof