[AR] Re: looks like a bad day

  • From: rclague@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 13:42:44 +0000

Apparently the goals of the International Dark Sky Association (5000 members)
and the Interplanetary Dark Sky Assocation (one member) have not been well
harmonized.

-R

From: Ian Woollard <ian.woollard@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: arocket-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 14:12:01
To: <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AR] Re: looks like a bad day

Martians have not been completely ruled out yet:

*Elon Musk* ‏@*elonmusk* <https://twitter.com/elonmusk> 5h5 hours ago
<https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/615431934345216001>

"Cause still unknown after several thousand engineering-hours of review.
Now parsing data with a hex editor to recover final milliseconds."

Maybe if they play the pressure data through a media player they may hear
the words "There's supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" and then we
can confirm Martians after all.

On 29 June 2015 at 04:23, Anthony Cesaroni <acesaroni@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The most logical opinion so far sir. :-)

Anthony.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 28, 2015, at 11:19 PM, rclague@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm going with Martians. They haven't shot down one of our probes since
Beagle; clearly they were moving the array to Earth orbit where they could
use it to defend ISS.

-R
------------------------------
*From: * David McMIllan <skyefire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Sender: * arocket-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Date: *Sun, 28 Jun 2015 21:32:11 -0400
*To: *<arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*ReplyTo: * arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

And the video would have made any terminal approach by a SAM visible.
Obviously, then, it must have been one of the stealthed orbital laser
platforms. The only question remaining is: ours, the Russians, the
Chinese, the Grand Duchy of Fenwick, or the Martians?

On 6/28/2015 11:28 AM, Carlo Vaccari wrote:

Kilometers up? Not a rifle, no way.
On Jun 28, 2015 11:27 AM, <joesmith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Could this have been sabotage? Someone with a high powered rifle?

On Sun, 28 Jun 2015 11:09:21 -0400, Anthony Cesaroni <
acesaroni@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Artificial reef formation. They'll get a tax credit.

Anthony

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 28, 2015, at 10:31 AM, Henry Vanderbilt <
hvanderbilt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That was not a normal stage sep.

Assuming I'm correct we just saw a loss of vehicle on the Station Cargo
launch, given both other cargo providers offline already, the consequences
are likely to be large.

--
-Ian Woollard