[AR] Re: Solder in spaaaaace

  • From: Uwe Klein <uwe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 19:45:04 +0100

David Weinshenker wrote:
Somewhat OT - I wonder if the Eurocrats were sort of jumping at shadows in
the first place: how much of the lead in metallic solder ever ends up in an
environmentally available state? Was there ever really a problem, or was it
more of a situation where, once some folks started saying that "this should
be regulated", others felt like they might Look Bad if they insisted that it
shouldn't? (Sort of what happens when someone starts saying "there should be
More Security": he may be wrong but there appears a certain social pressure
against disagreeing!)

Screaming dumb Moral Majority types are not limited to the US.
You call them Wingnuts we call them Ökofaschisten ;-)

Whenever you encounter "virginity" concepts
( i.e. the call for 111% full pureness shows
 this is not about sensible measures but about
  religious dogma )

uwe