[AR] RP-1 (was Re: [LPL] IPA Effects on Copper)

  • From: Henry Spencer <hspencer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arocket List <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2017 11:19:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 2 Apr 2017, David Gregory wrote:

The D rev lists 30 as well. I see that the C version which was published in 1967 lists 50 ppm max. As Anthony suggests the knowledge of the art has advanced just a smidge in the last 50 years.

Just a smidge, alas :-), since the tighter spec is fairly recent. More noteworthy is that as of (I think) the same time, there's also a spec for RP-2, which is just like RP-1 except with a dramatically lower sulfur limit. So people had become aware that even 30ppm is sometimes too much.