Re: [ARMini-support] Software clashes on ARMini X?

  • From: Patric Albutat <albutat@xxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 19:00:42 +0100

Shouldn't Reporter do exactly that?

On November 16, 2014 1:51:44 PM David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 15/11/2014 13:26, Paul Sprangers wrote:
>> Have you upgraded to the latest SP? I had no problems until the upgrade.

It's a pity there is not a more organised way of tackling these problems.

Maybe a piece of software that takes a snap shot post crash - what was
running, how did it crash, what versions of all the modules were
installed. Then it could email all the details to Andrew and he could
sort it out.

All I hear is person A saying "my computer crashes" and then person B
says "mine does too". No idea if A and B have anything at all in common.

I could email MicroSoft and say "Windows crashes", so what, they already
know that. The only value is in saying under precisely what
circumstances things go wrong.

Did anyone have any luck with the reference version of Ovation Pro - not
sure if luck means it still crashed or didn't.

--
David Pilling
www.davidpilling.com

To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit //www.freelists.org/list/armini-support