Re: [ARMini-support] Software clashes on ARMini X?

  • From: Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 18:40:43 GMT

On 13 Nov 2014  "Learning Partners" <lp.books@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This might be more appropriate for the Netsurf list, but might be machine
> specific, so I am asking if anyone else has experienced this.

> Since the SP upgrade there have been occassions when Netsurf 3.2 exits
> unexpectedly, on a website or even crashes on opening. This is a
> relatively new occurrence as previously it was very stable. At first I
> thought with Peter Young that it involved a clash with Ovation, but the
> only common factor seems to be that I am running Organizer 1.58 which I
> run continually. But no Organizer no crash. Has anyone else experienced
> this or could suggest reasons why this has started post upgrade.

Well, I'm still on an original ARMini running RISC OS 5.19, and I've
been mildly reprimanded for not upgrading to 2.*. I will do that when
I get a round tuit, but life is satisfactorily hectic for this retired
person!

No, I've never had a crash involving Organizer, but I'm now on
Organizer 2.22, so that may be something for John to think about. All
the crashes that I have involve OPro and either NetSurf (I use
development builds) or very occasionally StrongMen.

Just a thought: I have alignment exceptions set to "On", but the
crashes or lock-ups I have seem suspiciously like one app trampling on
part of another app's memory. Is there a way of checking that
alignment exceptions are indeed on?

Best wishes,

Peter.

--