Re: [ARMini-support] ARMX6 shoebox on its side / other cases

  • From: Alan P Dawes <alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:13:31 +0000 (GMT)

In article <2476d51f55.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Jim Nagel <jimmini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A Rawnsley wrote on 1 Nov:
At the London Show, two people asked about using the ARMX6 shoebox
design on its side, as one of the panels doesn't have air
perforations.

I was just inspecting the case under the light, and noticed that, in
fact, it does have etchings for the rubber feet. So, clearly, the
answer is "yes", as the designers left marks for where to attach the
rubber feet to the side panel as well as the underside.

As such, I think we can definitively state that yes, the shoebox can
be mounted on its side to reduce footprint even further.

By the "shoebox" case, do you mean the Spire Powercube Mini-ITX one?

Can't find any details or pictures of the other case options that
might be available. Seem to remember seeing one case (at SW show?)
with a curved front panel that alluded to the RiscPC.

This is the case with the internal power supply that my ARM6 came in:

http://ic.tweakimg.net/ext/i/1361454572.jpeg

and with the front flap open

http://www.lc-power.com/uploads/pics/1410mi_Front_offen_72_web_01.jpg

However I use it horizontally without the cradle that holds it in the
vertical mode. Rather like this but without the packaging and with spacers
underneath so that the flap can slide down when I need to use the DVD RW
drive.

http://static.tweakers.net/ext/f/wz7YkkfgAtfjGsRDL0zqlmP0/full.jpg

Alan

--