[ARMini-support] ARMX6 shoebox on its side

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 18:38:44 +0100

At the London Show, two people asked about using the ARMX6 shoebox design
on its side, as one of the panels doesn't have air perforations.

I was just inspecting the case under the light, and noticed that, in fact,
it does have etchings for the rubber feet. So, clearly, the answer is
"yes", as the designers left marks for where to attach the rubber feet to
the side panel as well as the underside.

As such, I think we can definitively state that yes, the shoebox can be
mounted on its side to reduce footprint even further.

Kind wishes,

Andrew

PS, one gentleman enquired about migrating from one case to the other (I
believe he wanted to install the serial port add-on). I've now arranged
this, but failed to note down who it was. If you're reading this, would
you mind dropping me an email?

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS