Re: [ARMini-support] 4k is here, and very usable

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 19:23:04 +0100

In message <54f114cc9falan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Alan P Dawes <alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article <ef0d08ef54.rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's a shame that !MPlayer struggles with HD movies - it can play them,
but slowly!

There is a version of Mplayer with hardware FP enabled. This can give
smoother HD playback results. We're still some way from getting 1080p
video playback, I'm afraid, but 720p should be within reach.

Is this FP version generally available? I found a link to version
svn-20120914-1 at http://www.riscos.info/packages/AudioDetails.html
but don't think that is what you mean as it is from 2012.

I believe it is from Chris Gransden, but perhaps only on request?

Andrew

PS, there was a question about photos on ARMX6/4k. I thought I'd give
this a test. "Phenomenal" would be a good adjective. A 10mega-pixel
camera gives a roughly 4k image, so you can finally view a modern
camera's output 1:1 on screen. The detail that can be resolved was
quite staggering. It certainly made a change from my usual "keep
zooming out until it fits" behaviour!

We can supply 4k screens from 299ukp, incidentally.

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS