[ARMini-support] ARMX6 SP4 now available as SP4-test

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 19:36:36 +0100

Super Pack 4 (to match OS update 4) is now available for download in a
"test" form, but should be complete/finished as far as I can tell.
I've upgraded several machines at this end.

This upgrade brings the disc image of ARMX6 up to date, with about 8
months-worth of improvements.

Of significant note is a move to hardware floating point (VFP) support
with a number of disc image components now utilising this capability
including audio/video support, PDF rendering and generation and so on.
This is reported to give both improved performance, and better
quality.

Most aspects of the disc have improved with this release - it's nearly
350Mb uncompressed (125Mb compressed). It paves the way for a number
of forthcoming projects, and I believe should be well worth
installing.

There's a Readme file in the zip which explains how to use the SP,
both for your main drive and (optional) updating the Recovery Image.

Kind wishes,

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS