Re: [ARMini-support] New version of !PDF?

  • From: Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 22:12:11 +0100

On 15 Oct 2015 David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In message <83f5061355.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 13 Oct 2015 David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Peter Young, on 13 Oct, wrote:

[snip]

http://www.riscosports.co.uk/downloads.html

This version, 3.03. 1.25alpha 9, is not suitable for older hardware.

I've now discovered a gotcha with !PDFtest. I have a whole lot of PDF
files, in connection with being the membership secretary of the local
branch of a national charity. I produce these with the invaluable
PrintPDF, and they are all password-protected. !PDF opens them without
a problem, but !PDFtest disappears from the icon bar the moment I
click on one of these files, and this is followed by an unceasing
hourglass, needing alt-break, and before I can do anything else
constructive I have to shut down and re-start.

I'm not sure where and to whom I should report this; it's certainly
getting off-topic for here.

That is in the help, I have emailed the developer.

Many thanks, I didn't have time to read the Help today.

I reproduced the problem here with both alpha 9 and 8. Fair do's, it
is an alpha but has performed well here otherwise. There is no other
option than to return to a previous !PDF, version 3.02.1.24 (11 Jul
2011) is OK with passwords.

Yes, that's what I've done. I'm glad to hear that the problem isn't in
something I did!

Best wishes,

Peter.

--