[argyllcms] Re: sample pack paper

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 16:01:58 +0400

 I think You'd better go 882 patches directly if the printer response about
normal without any profile. But if the tonal response ("gamma") of the printer
isn't normal and the printing without profile requires heavy gamma correction,
it would be better to perform prelaminary profiling.

Среда, 30 января 2013, 11:24 UTC от Tomasz Danus  :>> Dear All,>> I am seeking
advice. I am waiting for a samples of 4 papers - 5 x A4 sheets> each.> My plan
is to make simple profile and 3 prints of photos very well known to me> - to
evaluate.>> What would be a better approach?>> -1x A4 and 441 patches to make
pre-conditioning profile> followed by 1x A4 and 441 patches for final profile
>> -or should I forget about pre-conditioning profile> and just go for 882
patches?>>> Why bother with pre-conditioning profile at all - well it works
very well with> my normal procedure and that is: >> - 1 x A4 page - 441 patches
for a pre-conditioning profile.> -  then 4 x A4 pages - 1764 patches for final
profile.>> I use profiles to make colour and b&w prints from 3880 and Lyson
inks,> Adobe Lightroom and mostly relative colorimetric intent.> Softpoofs are
viewed on Eizo CG series monitor (previous model with VA panel)> All profiling
and calibrating is made with CM Photo.> Results are pleasing and predictable
and that's what important to me.>> Command lines:>> targen -v -d2 -G -f441
PREprofilname> printtarg -v -ii1 -t -C -pA4 PREprofilname> chartread -v -H -B
PREprofilname> colprof -v -y PREprofilname>> targen -v -d2 -G -f 1764  -c
PREprofilname.icm profilname> printtarg -v -ii1 -t -C -pA4 profilname>
chartread -v -H -B profilname> colprof -v -qh -y -D profilname -cmd -dpp
profilname>> And as always if you think my procedure can be improved please>
let me know. >> -- > t.danus@xxxxxxxxx> Skype:> Ithilstone