[argyllcms] Re: sample pack paper

  • From: Tomasz Danus <t.danus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 15:57:35 +0000

Hi Alan,

I am using very similar photo to evaluate, so that's step is same as yours,
but I really cannot use manufacturer's profile since I am not using Epson
inks and Lyson inks are visibly different.
And you probably right I don't remember the need of preconditioning profile
with epson inks - but one more time different inks and it works better that
way.

How do you add 51 b&w step scale to your total number of patches? What kind
of spectro do you use?

I would fiddle with QTR at some point but for that I would have to go back
to Epson inks. I know that there is a freeware tool that comes with that
rip that allows you to make your own profiles using only b&w patches - but
I haven't seen really simple instruction of how to use it;]

I agree with you that it is much better to use limited number of papers to
know them better but till now I never printed on anything based on baryta
so I ordered 4 different baryta papers (ilford, canson and 2 Hahnemuhle) to
check if I can add one to limited collection of papers I use.

Adam,
Printer works as it should - doesn't takes rolls but one can always cut
paper if you need full17in or panorama longer than A2.
no clogging - worked well with epson inks works fine with lyson inks. I am
very happy with it and if I ever change it, it will be only if this one
dies or I will go for 24in

--
t.danus@xxxxxxxxx
Skype: Ithilstone