[argyllcms] sRGB variants

  • From: Elle Stone <l.elle.stone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:49:37 -0400

Recently, probably while perusing the Argyllcms archives, it came to
my attention that there are many variants of sRGB floating around, so
many that Graeme now includes the real sRGB profile in the Argyllcms
software.

I was curious, so I located all the sRGB variants on my own computer,
plus a couple from the internet, and came up with 16 different sRGB
profiles. I was so surprised by the differences that I made a
spreadsheet and posted an article to my web site, "Will the real sRGB
profile please stand up?"
(http://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/srgb-profile-comparison.html).

My conclusion was to use the Argyllcms sRGB profile.

--
Elle Stone
http://ninedegreesbelow.com