[argyllcms] Re: i1 [EyeOne] USB Command Set

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 18:20:05 +1000

Bill Davy wrote:
> You suggest I1_TriggerCountedScan() will take a number of samples (...)
> samples to take.  But what is the argument type likely to be?  There seems
> to be a taste for using a char* string which seems a bit arcane but is
> flexible and universal (well, almost, as we seem to ignore
> MBC/UTF/Unicode/wchar issues).  I tried DependencyChecker to see if it
> reveals the argument list which for some reason I thought was embedded
> (albeit "decorated"), but it did not.

I'd imagine it is a 32 bit signed int, with a maximum value of 65535.

I understand that you can get the current sample time for a particular
mode using I1_GetOption("2009") [Should be around "0.010" for Rev A, and
about half that for Rev B or Rev D), and the total measurement time should be
be that number times the I1_TriggerCountedScan() parameter.

> I guess I shall just have to try and see how it crashes!  There is an
> internal function _sipSetNumPeriodsToMeasure() which I think takes a 4 byte
> integer (if I undecorated it correctly).

I think sip* is for a different instrument (one of the Sequel Chroma
colorimeters ?).