[argyllcms] i1 [EyeOne] USB Command Set

  • From: "Bill Davy" <Bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 18:23:40 +0100

I have been tasked with driving an EyeOne in the next week or two!.

I have been asked to take a set of readings while an EyeOne is scanned
mechanically over a test strip.  However, the EyeOne will not be accessible
during the scan (just at the start).

The SDK only describes I1_TriggerMeasurement() which requires the button to
be held for the duration of the measurement (not good for me).

I have had a look at Argyll (i1pro_imp.c) but that seems to do low level USB
calls (using magic numbers):

se = p->icom->usb_control_th(p->icom, USB_ENDPOINT_OUT | USB_TYPE_VENDOR |
USB_RECIP_DEVICE, 0xC0, 0, 0, NULL, 0, 2.0, 0, NULL, 0);

Does anyone know where the USB command definition lives?  I'm very used to
driving USB devices at a low level (I am usually writing the target code).

The EyeOne DLL has some interesting looking functions, such as
I1_TriggerCountedScan() but it is not documented.

Can anyone suggest who I should contact to get some good technical answers?

TIA,

            Bill Davy