[argyllcms] Re: guideline for targen + printarg

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:45:05 +0400

Klaus Karcher wrote:

> Michael Schulz wrote:
> > The printer is a HPDesignJet 10 ps. The behavior of the printer shows
> > visually a slight red color cast which become obviously in skin tones. The
> > results measuring the FOGRA-strip_v2 are within the norm (2007).
>
> The red cast might be a metamerism issue. If I remember correctly, the
> HPDesignJet 10 ps inks are very susceptible to metamerism failures.
> Therefore it's important to view the prints under standard lighting
> conditions (D50 viewing booth or the like).

Another solution: if it's hard to change Your illumination, You can take Your
light spectrum in account and build the profile based on both illumination and
chart spectrum data.
For example:

spotread -a -s >Illum.sp
colprof -v -iIllum.sp -oshaw Target

But most likely You have to edit *.sp file to bring it to CGATS format. See,
for example, Office.sp in Ref Argyll directory. I don't know the other ways to
measure and record certain illuminant spectrum.
Very likely You will not find any color cast with Your measured light. But
likely there will be problems with other light sources if the inks are
metametric.