[argyllcms] Re: dispcal/dispread/dispwin test window stops updating at some point

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:56:57 +1100

Florian Höch wrote:

Thanks, got the new version. The behavior with it is interesting, just
when it tries to set 12.5% grey, the test window disappears, and
reappears after setting red, but stays 'frozen' on the red color
(everything is ok when I disable KatMouse). Another thing I just
noticed: Shortly before the test window disappears, its taskbar entry
("Argyll Display Calibration Window") appears and then stays in the
taskbar until it's finished, which doesn't happen if KatMouse is
deactivated (the taskbar entry shows for a short amount of time at the
end, after setting yellow).

Hi,
        I'm at a loss to understand why the WM_PAINT messages stop being
issued, since a call to the InvalidateRect() function with a NULL region
should set the whole of the windows area for painting, and
the following UpdateWindow() should immediately trigger a WM_PAINT.
The only conventional explanation is if the window is not being
displayed because it has been minimized, but how it could be
forced into being minimized is a mystery. The fact that you see
an icon in the task bar, and that the misbehaviour doesn't happen when
run as administrator is suspicious. The window does not have minimization
enable. If I could duplicate the behaviour I could perhaps figure it out,
but there seems to be some clue that is missing.