[argyllcms] Re: Spyder3 on Win7

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 12:59:21 +1100

James Peroulas wrote:
I can use the Eye1, but for some reason, Argyll is not connecting to
the Spyder3 and is instead complaining about:
dispcal: Error - Opening USB port 'usb:/bus3/dev1/ (Datacolor Spyder3)' config 1
  failed (Operation not supported or unimplemented on this platform)
(Permissions ?)

I'm running the CMD shell as an administrator so I don't know what
more I can do about the permissions on Win7. Any suggestions?

Sorry, I can't reproduce this problem. What does device manager show ?

On my Win764 system it shows:

        Argyll LibUSB-1.0 devices
          Spyder3 (Argyll)

and in the properties it shows:

        General:
                Argyll LibUSB-1.0 devices
                DataColor
                Port_#0002.Hub_#0005

                Device is working properly
        Driver
                Driver Details
                        C:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\winusb.sys
                        C:\windows\system32\libusb-1.0A.dll
                        C:\windows\system32\WdfCoInstaller01009.dll
                        C:\windows\system32\WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll