[argyllcms] Re: dipwin -I profile install lexical error

  • From: S Miller <sajmmiller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 09:55:57 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you Graame and Florian!

--- On Wed, 7/1/09, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Apart from removing the config file (see
> <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/ucmm.html>
> and creating a profile  without this string as its
> description (or is it the X11
> display name ?)

Removing color.jcnf and then installing another simply-named profile fixed the
problem. I read through the docs but missed ucmm.html somehow, so I didn't know
that color.jcnf existed. The string description came from the automatic naming
feature in dispcalGUI.

--- On Wed, 7/1/09, Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Interesting error, I have not seen it
> before. If you run
>
> cat ~/.config/color.jcnf
>
> from a terminal, does it display the profile name
> correctly?

Yes, cat color.jcnf displays correctly. However, I noticed that

ls -l LG\ 2009-06-30\ 120cdm²\ D6500\ min\ neutral\ 2.2\ HQ\ LUT.icc

returns

LG 2009-06-30 120cdm? D6500 min neutral 2.2 HQ LUT.icc

Notice the ? instead of the exponent. Does that indicate a problem with how my
Gentoo system is handling UTF-8?

I'll send you the files you requested. Thanks again.