[argyllcms] Re: dipwin -I profile install lexical error

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 19:09:08 +0200

Yes, cat color.jcnf displays correctly. However, I noticed that

ls -l LG\ 2009-06-30\ 120cdm²\ D6500\ min\ neutral\ 2.2\ HQ\ LUT.icc

returns

LG 2009-06-30 120cdm? D6500 min neutral 2.2 HQ LUT.icc

Notice the ? instead of the exponent. Does that indicate a problem with how my
Gentoo system is handling UTF-8?

I'll send you the files you requested. Thanks again.

Hmm, it may be an issue with the way your system is configured, or me making wrong assumptions regarding encoding somewhere in my code (I admit the latter is more likely). If you run

python -c "import sys; print sys.getfilesystemencoding()"

it'll show the encoding dispcalGUI uses normally. If you're running the 'standalone' binary and not the Autopackage, it could be another source of error because the way the encoding is determined by the embedded python is slightly different (I had to use fallback logic because if running standalone, sys.getfilesystemencoding returns a 'None' value on some systems).

Regards,

Florian Höch