[argyllcms] Re: collInk for softproofing

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 12:31:25 +0400

Thu, 18 Oct 2012 08:28:48 +0200 Diego Carra wrote:

>Hello recently our belowed Graeme Gill posted these command to user Xavi
>telling could be good for softproofing
># Create proofing transform from output to AdobeRGB collink -v -ila -G -qh
>-cpp -dmt Argyllv140_396parxes48Gris3Blanc.icm AdobeRGB1998.icm
>Argyllv140_396parxes48Gris3Blanc_v.icm
>
># Create proof image back in AdobeRGB space cctiff
>Argyllv140_396parxes48Gris3Blanc_v.icm skin_sky_p.jpg skin_sky_pv.jpg
>So I tried these command but probably unfotunately i miunderstand the real
>power of these commandThese commands only shows the softprof of theÂimage,
>whichÂwas in the printer device space. This softprof should be viewed as
>AdobeRGB1998.icm space image. I'd recommend to add "-e AdobeRGB1998.icm" into
>cctiff parameters to explicitly declare the space of the softprof image. This
>is because the viewing software can treat the proof as anÂsRGB image if the
>last will be without embedded profile.

>I though to use all the two command with an image of mine and using .icm file
>created for a backlit panel to arrive to a jpg file showÂme the softproof.Was
>theÂJPG file in backlit panel colorspace? I.e. was the image prepaired to
>printing for panel with panel ICM file? If not, You should convert original
>image in it's original colorspace into the space of baklit panel by panel
>profile.
For example:

collink -ip -cmt -dcx Original_Image_Profile.icm Backlit_Panel.icm
Link_orig-panel.icm
cctiff Link_orig-panel.icm Original.TIF For_Print.TIF

For_Print.TIF is the image to print for baklit panel which is subject of
softprof.

collink -ila -ccx -dmt Backlit_Panel.icm AdobeRGB1998.icm
Link_panel-to_AdobeRGB.icm
cctiff Link_panel-to_AdobeRGB.icm -e AdobeRGB1998.icm For_Print.TIF
Panel_Softprof.TIF

Panel_Softprof.TIF is the image with softprof of the print on baklit panel.

I'm didn't know at the momet, is the -la mapping appropriate for softprof for
certain case because it can not to show possibly weakness of the shadows on the
panel.