[argyllcms] Re: collInk for softproofing

  • From: "Xavi" <aruiz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 14:51:58 +0200

Hello Diego.

Sorry to inform you that I obtained the same results that you describe.

I also have tried the option "-e AdobeRGB.icc" that Nikolay suggested, but I
obtain very simmilar bad results.

I don't know what we are doing incorrectly.

I have tested a different printer profiles with different JPG with diferrent
color space tag, and I obtain the same result. Is a similar result when you
softproof with PhotoShop with the option "maintain RGB values" enabled.

The command used was:

.\collink -v -ila -G -qh -cpp -dmt
MP_B01_A4_HPEverydayBrilloIIQ1Dif_NoVPre_396p64g3bArgyllv140_121011Opcio_qm_
ACPU.icm AdobeRGB1998.icc
MP_B01_A4_HPEverydayBrilloIIQ1Dif_NoVPre_396p64g3bArgyllv140_121011Opcio_qm_
ACPU_v.icm

.\cctiff -e AdobeRGB1998.icc
MP_B01_A4_HPEverydayBrilloIIQ1Dif_NoVPre_396p64g3bArgyllv140_121011Opcio_qm_
ACPU_v.icm PDITestImage.jpg PDITestImage_v.jpg

and

.\collink -v -ila -G -qh -cpp -dmt
MP_B01_A4_HPEverydayBrilloIIQ1Dif_NoVPre_396p64g3bArgyllv140_121011Opcio_qm_
ACPU.icm AdobeRGB1998.icc
MP_B01_A4_HPEverydayBrilloIIQ1Dif_NoVPre_396p64g3bArgyllv140_121011Opcio_qm_
ACPU_v.icm

.\cctiff
MP_B01_A4_HPEverydayBrilloIIQ1Dif_NoVPre_396p64g3bArgyllv140_121011Opcio_qm_
ACPU_v.icm PDITestImage.jpg PDITestImage_v_no_e_option.jpg

I attach the JPG obtained using the "-e Adobergb.icc" option and the JPG
obtained without this option. Also I attach the original ICM and the
obtained ICM after using the collink.

If you need a freeware test image I think that you can use any of this
webpage: http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/downloadable_1/DL_page.html

I use the PDI Test from photodisc.com that also I attach you with their
license file on PDF format.

Best Regards,
Xavi.

  _____