[argyllcms] collInk for softproofing

  • From: Diego Carra <twwcar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Argyll list <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 08:28:48 +0200

Hello recently our belowed Graeme Gill posted these command to user Xavi
telling could be good for softproofing # Create proofing transform from output
to AdobeRGB collink -v -ila -G -qh
-cpp -dmt Argyllv140_396parxes48Gris3Blanc.icm AdobeRGB1998.icm
Argyllv140_396parxes48Gris3Blanc_v.icm

# Create proof image back in AdobeRGB space cctiff
Argyllv140_396parxes48Gris3Blanc_v.icm skin_sky_p.jpg skin_sky_pv.jpg So I
tried these command but probably unfotunately i miunderstand the real power of
these command Now I tell you what I did. I though to use all the two command
with an image of mine and using .icm file created for a backlit panel to arrive
to a jpg file show me the softproof. But Unfortunately the jpg I arrive is
really jellowish and tint uncolored. (unfortunately I can't show you becouse is
publish protected copyrith) So I ask you the ICM profile I arrive with collink
could be used in photoshoph to soft proof? In any way normally I use the Icm
file I create with argyll with colprof to make my softproof in photoshop, Is
this procedure correct? Or not at all. tahnking you for any help I send you my
best regards.FaithfullyDiego Carra