[argyllcms] Re: cmyk printer profiles

  • From: Vladimir Gajic <vgajic67@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:32:47 +0100

Hello Nikolay,

I can see your point about AdobeRGB vs. eciRGB. It would be logical and I
tried that one also. The result is in deed more correct -but AdobeRGB simply
performs better, especially in high-saturated reds. There is a lot more
modulation and structure visible. The skintones are slightly more yellowish,
witch I don´t really see as a problem (the image will be colour-corrected in
Photoshop anyway).

The black generation curve I posted had to achieve 2 basic targets:
1. To generate a UCR - separation  (as mutch as possible)
2. The separations should be smooth (eg. when converting a LAB gradient
[100, 0, 0 to 0, 0, 0])

I tried also to generate profiles where K is rather a locus (witch complies
to basiccolor or HDB-profiles). After running xicclu -v -g -fb -ip -o, the
curves complied to the visual look of my separations generated from the
previous mentioned LAB-gradient. That means that they were not as smooth as
in the -kp-example I´ve posted allready.

I´ll try some other black generation curves anyway. Thank´s for the link you
posted -maybe I´ll find my answers there.

Regards
Vladimir