[argyllcms] Re: cmyk printer profiles

  • From: Vladimir Gajic <vgajic67@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 19:13:53 +0100

Hi Graeme,

after converting an RGB-image (roman16) from eciRGB_v2 or AdobeRGB to my
fogra39 profile,  magenta and cyan primaries appear far to dirty. Here are
some values:

eciRGB (Photoshop)
Cyan: 61/138/194 -> 83/10/5/32
Magenta: 174/59/134 -> 0/85/9/29

That´s at least 10-15% too much black in both colours. Since the transition
is very smooth, I really don´t have any problem correcting them. Anyway, my
profile params are:
-l330 -L95 -kp 0.00 0.18 0.98 0.95 0.55 -al -s AdobeRGB -np -tp -dpp

I do use the FOGRA39L.TXT as reference.

Basically I don´t see a big problem in this behavior since the overall
separation-quality of my profile is quite better than what I now from
commercial profiling solutions. My question is more to be understood in the
typical beginner terms.

Regards
Vladimir