[argyllcms] Re: X error under AMD64 arch

  • From: Frédéric <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 17:13:35 +0200

On Saturday 12 August 2006 16:53, Graeme Gill wrote:

> > I don't know how it works, but I'm using gqview as image browser, and
> > it is able to display image in full-screen mode on the display you
> > want. And it works fine for me with the free 'radeon' driver in
> > MergeFB mode (which should be close to NVidia TwinView, I presume),
> > while Argyll crashes. So, I think you will find usefull things in the
> > code.
>
> Sorry, not much use to me. Xinerama is at least documented, wheras I
> was unable to find any useful information about NVidiea TwinViews
> on their web site, or via Google.

My idea was to search in gqview code how NVidia TwinView or ATI radeon
MergedFB are handled... I will ask on the gqview maling list, and look at
the code... If I find something usfull, I will let you know.

Maybe the open-source radeon Xorg driver could help, at least to see how
MergedFB works for the ATI free driver...

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org