[argyllcms] Re: X error under AMD64 arch

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 18:39:47 +1000

Milan Knizek wrote:

I do not help here but can report similar issue:
I had similar problems with dispwin in combination with TwinView of proprietary nVidia driver on amd64. While running regular Xinerama (or single display with TwinView) with proprietary nVidia, the problem disappeared - at least for dispwin -d 1 -r. Since there is a workaround for me, I can live with it.

Is there anything that documents how TwinView on Linux works ?

Xinerama provides an extention to allow software to identify
the separate screen areas. Presuming TwinView makes both screens
appear as a single desktop to most applications, how can
software identify the underlying displays, to be able to
locate a test window and load separate Video LUT values ?(assuming
the latter is supported!)