[argyllcms] Re: Windows: libusb-1.0 support

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 17:31:29 +1000

Steffen wrote:

Although this did work and I was able to access the instrument with
ArgyllCMS, restarting or going to standby/shutting down the system
always results in a bluescreen, because apparently libusb causes some
issues when used in this environment.

I haven't seen such behaviour. You weren't using the filter driver
were you ? It is known to have problems.

Those drivers install without problem, but unfortunatelly, even though I
now have a libusb-device called X-Rite DTP94, ArgyllCMS does not
recognize the device.

libusb 1.0 has a different API, and Argyll would need to be linked
to a different stub library in anycase. libusb 1.0 doesn't solve
all the problems anyway - the i1pro Rev D is incompatible with
MS's winusb, and winusb isn't available for Win2K (Which I intend
to support).

One approach would be to try using the libusb0.sys that has
been signed by PRUFTECHNIK (ptlibusb0.sys).

Otherwise you will have to wait until I do the next release, which
has been modified to use libusb 1.0, with an MSWindows back end
that supports both libusb0.sys and winusb.sys.