[argyllcms] Re: What am I doing wrong here?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:49:42 +1000

Ron Gage wrote:
> Dell Latitude E6520
> Windows 7 x64
> huey: Sending cmd 'GetStatus' args '00 00 00 00 00 00 ff'icoms: About to
> return hid write 0 bytes,
> ICOM err 0x0
>  ICOM err 0x0
> icoms: About to return hid read 0 bytes, ICOM err 0x2000

Hi,

Hmm. Rather strange - the instrument stopped responding (0x2000 is a timeout).

How repeatable is this - ie. is it exactly the same each time you try it ?

Possibilities:
  Something is wrong with the instrument.
  Something is wrong with the USB port (it's not USB3 or something is it ?)
  - ie. bad connection, bad lead, bad power.
  Something is wrong with the USB chip driver.
  Some other software is interfering with the USB port.

One thing you could try for more information or a possible workaround
is to install the libusb1 driver for it, rather than relying on the
default HID driver (ie. the usual device manager -> update driver ->no -> no
 .. etc. "Have Disk" -> point at Argyll .inf file).