[argyllcms] What am I doing wrong here?

  • From: Ron Gage <ron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 19:36:23 -0400

Greetings:

I have been using ArgyllCMS for some time on various platforms. It has always performed wonderfully - until I got my new laptop.

Dell Latitude E6520
Windows 7 x64
1920x1080 LCD screen
8 gig memory
Argyll 1.4.0
DispCalGui 1.0.9.0
Pantone Huey sensor

DispcalGUI (and most likely Argyll) is picking up the Huey properly. When I select "Calibrate and Profile", I get the infamous "Instrument Access Failed" error.

I am running as an administrator (but as THE administrator - never had to do that in the past). Here are some interesting snips from the debug log:

huey: About to init coms
huey: About to init HID
icoms: About to set hid port characteristics
icoms: About to open the USB port
icoms: HID port needs opening
icoms: About to open HID port 'hid:/2576 (GretagMacbeth Huey)'
icoms: HID port is now open
icoms: hid port characteristics set ok
huey: Sending cmd 'GetStatus' args '02 00 00 00 00 00 00'icoms: About to return hid write 8 bytes, ICOM err 0x0
 ICOM err 0x0
huey: Reading response icoms: About to return hid read 8 bytes, ICOM err 0x0
 '4c 6f 63 6b 65 64' ICOM err 0x0
huey: init coms has suceeded
huey: About to init instrument
huey: about to check response and unlock instrument if needed
huey: Sending cmd 'GetStatus' args '32 55 cf a0 fe ff ff'icoms: About to return hid write 8 bytes, ICOM err 0x0
 ICOM err 0x0
huey: Reading response icoms: About to return hid read 8 bytes, ICOM err 0x0
 '4c 6f 63 6b 65 64' ICOM err 0x0
huey: Sending cmd 'Unlock' args '47 72 4d 62 00 64 ff'icoms: About to return hid write 8 bytes, ICOM err 0x0
 ICOM err 0x0
huey: Reading response icoms: About to return hid read 8 bytes, ICOM err 0x0
 '00 00 00 00 00 00' ICOM err 0x0
huey: Sending cmd 'GetStatus' args '00 00 00 00 00 00 ff'icoms: About to return hid write 0 bytes, ICOM err 0x0
 ICOM err 0x0
icoms: About to return hid read 0 bytes, ICOM err 0x2000
init_inst returned 'Communication protocol breakdown' (Unable to write full message to instrument)
new_disprd failed because init_inst failed
icoms: delete called
icoms: closing port
hid_close_port() called
hid port has been released and closed
dispcal: Error - new_disprd() failed with 'Instrument Access Failed'

...aborted.
Calibration has not been finished.

What am I doing wrong here?

Ron