[argyllcms] Re: Ultra saturation of reds and yellows

  • From: Michael Darling <darlingm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 15:55:02 -0500

There are colors your printer can make that your monitor can't display.

There are colors your monitor can display that your printer can't make.

I have your printer profile (Pro_9500_II_Hahnemuhle_Bamboo.icc).  If you
could send me your monitor ICC profile, I can send you images created using
the program ColorThink which will likely answer your questions.

I believe Nikolay to be right on.  Many monitors lack being able to display
the most saturated reds / oranges / yellows / yellow-greens that a printer
can make.  Also can happen in the blue-green / cyan / aquamarine areas.
 Only graphing the two ICC profiles against each other will tell for sure,
which is something I can make for you.